UT Texas Sports is one of the most popular spectator sports in the country. Here are the top 5 reasons to watch UT Texas sports.
Checkout this video:
Whether you’re a bona fide sports fan or just enjoy watching UT Texas sports for the spectacle, there are plenty of reasons to tune in. From the gridiron to the hardwood, Longhorn athletics provide interesting storylines, intense competition and, of course, plenty of school spirit. Here are five reasons why you should consider following UT Texas sports.
The History of UT Texas Sports
The University of Texas has a long and storied history in athletics, dating back to its first intercollegiate football game in 1893. The Longhorns have won 52 total national championships, including 31 team titles, and boast some of the most successful programs in all of college sports. Here are five reasons why UT Texas sports are must-see TV.
1. A Consecutive National Championships in Football and Women’s Basketball – In 2005 and 2006, the Longhorns became the first school ever to win both the men’s football and women’s basketball national championships in back-to-back years. Led by legendary head coach Mack Brown, the football team went on to win another national title in 2009.
2. One of the Best Rivalries in All of Sports – The annual “Red River Showdown” between UT Texas and Oklahoma is one of the most anticipated games on the college football calendar. The two teams have been playing each other since 1900, and the contest has been held at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas since 1929.
3. A Passionate fanbase – The “Longhorn Network” is a 24-hour television channel devoted entirely to UT Texas athletics, providing fans with unprecedented access to their favorite teams. And UT fans are some of the most passionate in all of college sports, packing Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium for home football games and creating a unique home court advantage at Frank Erwin Center basketball games.
4. Olympic Success -UT Texas has produced more than its fair share of Olympic athletes, including 14 Medalists just from the 2016 Rio Games alone. Longhorn alumni have won a total of 85 Olympic medals (40 gold, 25 silver, 20 bronze), making UT one of the most successful colleges when it comes to producing Olympians.
5. A Tradition of Excellence – The Longhorns have won 52 total national championships (31 team titles, 21 individual titles), more than any other school in Texas and fourth most among all colleges nationwide. In addition, 59 Longhorns have been inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame ( second most behind only Notre Dame) and 18 into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (tied for sixth most).
The Current State of UT Texas Sports
It’s been a minute since the Longhorns have been relevant in the college football landscape. After winning the National Championship in 2005, UT Texas has had a decade of inconsistency. The Longhorns have had 7 losing seasons in that span, and have only made 3 bowl games since 2010. But despite all of that, there are still plenty of reasons to watch UT Texas sports. Here are the top 5:
1. The Possibility of a Turnaround
After years of mediocrity, it seems like the Longhorns may finally be ready to turn things around. With a strong recruiting class and a new head coach in Tom Herman, there is reason to believe that UT could finally be back on track.
2. The Rivalry with Oklahoma
No matter how bad the Longhorns have been lately, their rivalry with Oklahoma is always must-see TV. These two teams hate each other, and the games are always intense. Even if UT isn’t good, it’s always fun to watch them try to take down their biggest rival.
3. The Tradition
UT Texas has one of the richest traditions in all of college sports. The Longhorns have won multiple national championships, and their fans are some of the most passionate in the country. It’s always fun to watch a team with such a storied history, even if they’re not at their best.
4. The Game Day Atmosphere
Even if UT isn’t winning games, their game day atmosphere is still one of the best in the country. Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium is always packed with fans wearing burnt orange, and it’s just a great place to watch a football game.
5. Hope for the Future
Finally, perhaps the biggest reason to watch UT sports right now is because of the hope for the future. As bad as things have been lately, there is still reason to believe that better days are ahead for the Longhorns. With a young team and a new coaching staff, there is reason to be optimistic about UT’s future prospects.
The Top 5 Reasons to Watch UT Texas Sports
1.The Excitement of the Game
Whether you’re a fan of the Longhorns or not, there’s no denying that UT Texas sports are exciting to watch. The energy and enthusiasm of the players is contagious, and it’s hard not to get caught up in the excitement of the game.
2. The Competition
UT Texas sports are some of the most competitive in the country. The level of play is always high, and the stakes are often high as well. With so much on the line, you can be sure that every game is going to be a battle.
3. The Fans
UT Texas sports fans are some of the most diehard in the country. They bleed orange and white, and they live and die with their teams. If you’re looking for a passionate fan base, UT Texas sports are definitely for you.
4. The History
UT Texas sports have a long and storied history. The Longhorns have been a force to be reckoned with for decades, and they show no signs of slowing down anytime soon. If you’re a fan of tradition, UT Texas sports are definitely for you.
5. The In-State Rivals
If you live in Texas, chances are you have a strong opinion on UT Austin sports. There’s nothing quite like watching your team take on its biggest rival, and when it comes to in-state rivalries, UT Austin sports definitely don’t disappoint.
We hope you enjoyed this list of the top 5 reasons to watch UT Texas sports. We think that once you see the amazing level of talent and competition on display, you’ll be hooked for life!