From cracked screens to water damage, we can fix it all. We are your Katy Texas Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport screen repair experts!
Checkout this video:
We are a professional Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport screen replacement in Katy Texas repair service. We offer a wide range of services for all Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport models, including but not limited to the following:
-Rear glass replacement
-Water damage repair
We also offer a wide range of accessories for all Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport models, including but not limited to the following:
Screen Replacement Process
Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport Screen Replacement in Katy, Texas is a process that can take up to an hour to complete. First, the front bezel and screen are removed. Next, the old screen is disconnected from the motherboard. The new screen is then connected to the motherboard and the front bezel is replaced. Finally, the phone is tested to make sure the new screen is working properly.
Remove the Back Cover
To remove the back cover of your Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport, start by removing the SIM card tray. Then, use a plastic opening tool to gently pry up the back cover near the bottom left corner of the phone. Work your way around the perimeter of the phone, prying up the back cover as you go. Once the back cover is loose, you should be able to remove it completely.
Remove the Battery
Remove the back cover using the slot on the top of the phone. With the back cover off, remove the battery by gently pushing up on the bottom of it.
With the back cover and battery removed, you will now have access to the screen.
Remove the SIM Card and Memory Card
Before you begin, it is important to discharge your static electricity. To do this, you can touch a metal object such as a doorknob or sink. This will help to ensure that you do not damage your phone with static electricity while you are working on it.
1. Power down your phone.
2. Remove the SIM card tray by gently pushing it out with your thumb or a paperclip.
3. Remove the memory card by gently pushing it out of its slot.
4. If you have a micro SD card, be careful not to lose it as it can be easily misplaced.
Remove the Screen
1. Power down your phone completely. If your phone is on, go to Settings > Power > Select “Power Off”.
2. Remove the SIM card tray.
3. Locate the small hole on the right side of the phone, next to the volume rocker button. This is the IR Blaster hole.
4. Use an opening pick, or your fingernail, to peel back the soft-touch material around the IR Blaster hole.
5. Gently insert a SIM ejection tool into the hole and push to release the latches holding down the display assembly connectors.
6. Insert an opening pick between the display assembly and rear case,gently sliding it around the perimeter of the phone to release any hidden adhesive securing the display assembly to the rear case. Be careful not to damage any of the internal components as you separate these two pieces
7. Use a plastic opening tool to carefully disconnect each of 6 flex cables from their red ZIF sockets on Logic Board:
-IR Blaster/Sleep/Wake Flex Cable
-Display Assembly Flex Cable (Nvidia GPU)
-Rear Facing Camera and Flash Flex Cable
-USB Charging Port Flex Cable
Install the New Screen
1. Power off your Galaxy S5 Sport and remove the back panel.
2. Unscrew the 11 Torx T5 screws holding down the display assembly connector bracket.
3. Gently lift up the connector bracket and disconnect the digitizer and display cable connectors by pulling up on the black retaining clips. You can use a paperclip or other sharp object to help with this process.
4. With the digitizer and display cables disconnected, you can now remove the old screen from the phone.
5. Take your new screen and line up the digitizer cable with its corresponding connection on the motherboard. Press down on the black retaining clip to secure it in place, then repeat this step for the display cable.
6. Line up the holes on the new screen with those on the display assembly frame, then gently press it into place. Be careful not to apply too much pressure, as this could damage the new screen.
7. Screw in the 11 Torx T5 screws to secure the new screen in place, then reattach the back panel of your phone
Reassemble the Phone
Once you have your new screen, it’s time to reassemble the phone. Start by gently pressing the new screen into place, making sure that all the connectors are properly in place. If you have a Galaxy S5 Sport, be careful not to press too hard on the screen, as this can damage the waterproof seals.
Next, replace the battery cover and screw in the four screws that hold it in place. Once the cover is back on, screw in the six screws that hold down the middle frame. Be careful not to over-tighten these screws, as this can strip the threading and make it difficult to remove the frame in the future.
Now it’s time to replace the back cover. Start by lining up the bottom edge of the cover with the bottom of the phone, then snap it into place. Once the bottom edge is secure, press around the rest of the perimeter of the phone to make sure that all of
The Katy Texas Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport screen replacement process is simple and easy to follow. The most important thing to remember is to be careful when handling the phone and to use a soft cloth orCase when cleaning the screen. After following these steps, you will have a new, clean and clear Galaxy S5 Sport screen.