Another day, another practice for the Texas State Bobcats.
Texas State worked out in helmets and shoulder pads Thursday morning, after spending Wednesday’s morning practice in full pads. The Bobcats had a spirited practice, which was needed after a lack of intensity the previous morning.
In 15 days, Texas State opens the 2012 season at the University of Houston.
What did you miss at practice, other than senior Joplo Bartu making the full-time switch from linebacker to defensive end? Let’s take a look.
- The Bobcats’ linebackers looked great throughout practice. True freshman Jerrid Jeter-Gilmon and junior transfer David Mayo each forced turnovers. Jeter-Gilmon tipped a pass from junior transfer quarterback Duke DeLancellotti up in the air and hauled it in for an interception, while Mayo delivered a hit to junior wide receiver Isaiah Battle near the goal-line that forced a fumble.
- Redshirt freshman linebacker Joshuaé Robinson is closer to returning from a sprained ankle.
- Redshirt freshman Tymajrick Jackson hauled in another interception for the defense, nabbing a pass thrown by true freshman Jordan Moore.
- Sophomore running back Chris Nutall ran well throughout practice, scoring twice.
- True freshman wide receiver Brandon Smith continues to climb the depth chart, as he worked out with the first-string offense this morning. Smith received kudos from head coach Dennis Franchione following a tough reception.