Since its inception in 1999, the Texas State women’s soccer program was the face of the Southland Conference. The Bobcats won the league title in their inaugural season, took seven more crowns in the next 12 years and tallied five berths to the NCAA Tournament.
It seems as if none of that matters to the coaches of the Western Athletic Conference. Texas State found itself in sixth place of the preseason poll, tied with UTSA.
None of the Bobcats were named to the All-WAC Preseason Team either. Denver and Idaho each had three selections, while Utah State took two.
Here is the poll in its entirety*:
- Denver (6) — 62 points
- Utah State (3) — 59 points
- Seattle U — 47 points
- San Jose State — 38 points
- Idaho — 32 points
- Texas State/UTSA (tie) — 27 points
- New Mexico State — 19 points
- Louisiana Tech — 13 points
* New Mexico State should really be eighth, with Louisiana Tech rounding up the group in ninth.