Well, I’m back after a short vacation. I went home to see Game 3 of the World Series (Go Phillies) and got a text midway through that Texas State trounced Stephen F. Austin 62-21. I had to recheck my eyes for a second, but sure enough, it was right there. I looked at the stats today, and wow, the Bobcats really played a complete game.
- Texas State scored on 10 of its first 11 drives.
- The Bobcats scored a team record 62 points, breaking the previous mark by a touchdown.
- Cameron Luke broke the Southland Conference record for most touchdown catches by a receiver.
- Mishak Rivas continues to be a big-game player, reeling in seven catches for 177 yards.
- Karrington Bush once again averaged better than 10 yards per carry after the Texas State offensive line dominated in the trenches.
- The Bobcats sacked Jeremy Moses three times.
- Texas State converted 8-of-15 third downs.
- The Bobcats gained 678 yards of total offense. You read that correctly, 678 yards.